General information about the EGF is available at the European Commission’s website EGF – Related Links & Regulations page.
Information about the EGF Managing Authority in Ireland is available from the following link: EGF Managing Authority.
The following external links relate to service providers involved in the delivery of EGF programmes in Ireland:
- Career Guidance and Information is available from your local Education and Training Board (ETB).
- Education and Training Boards (ETB) are statutory authorities whose functions include managing further education colleges and a range of adult and further education centres delivering career guidance, education and training programmes.
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) is a state agency whose functions include those previously carried out by the Further Education and Training Awards Council (FETAC), the Higher Education and Training Awards Council (HETAC), the Irish Universities Quality Board (IUQB) and the National Qualifications Authority of Ireland (NQAI). QQI validates education and training programmes and makes extensive awards both in the Further Education and Training sector including the Education and Training Boards and also in the Higher Education sector mainly to learners at private providers.
- Qualifax is a one-stop-shop for learners with comprehensive information on further and higher education and training courses.
- StudentFinance.ie provides information on financial support for further and higher education including information on course fees and income supports such as the Student Grant and the Back to Education Allowance.
- Student Universal Support Ireland (SUSI) provides information and access to an on-line application facility for the Student Grant which may be payable to persons on certain further and higher education programmes.
- Back to Education Allowance (BTEA) may be payable by the Department of Social Protection to persons on certain further and higher education programmes.
- South Dublin Local Enterprise Office (LEO) provides enterprise information, advice, training, mentoring and financial assistance to persons wishing to set up a business in South Dublin.
- Limerick Local Enterprise Office (LEO) provides enterprise information, advice, training, mentoring and financial assistance to persons wishing to set up a business in Co. Limerick.